The City of Toledo’s six public pools and the splash pad at Savage Park will open for the 2021 Summer season beginning on June 1, which is the earliest the facilities have opened in many years, Mayor Wade Kapszukiewicz announced today.
The pools and the splash pad will be open seven days a week, 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. from June 1 to July 4. They will be open seven days a week, 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. from July 5 to Aug. 15.
To ensure community access to the pools seven days a week, as well as to provide necessary time for pool maintenance, Willys and Roosevelt pools, and the Savage splash pad, will be closed on Mondays. Wilson, Pickford, Jamie Farr, and Navarre pools will be closed on Tuesdays. Swimming lessons will be offered this summer.
From Aug. 16 to Sept. 5, the pools and the splash pad will be open as follows:
* Thursdays, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
* Fridays, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
* Saturdays, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
* Sundays, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
There is a $1 entry fee for children 12 and under. The fee is $2 for 13 and older.
“We are thrilled to be able to have pools open this year for the entire summer with extended hours,” Mayor Kapszukiewicz said. “We have a full slate of opportunities for young Toledoans this summer, including spending time at the pools, sports, enrichment, and employment.”
The list of youth summer programming will soon be posted at toledo.oh.gov/summer<http://www.toledo.oh.gov/summer>.
The six pools and the splash pad locations and phone numbers are:
* Willys Pool, 1375 Hillcrest Ave., 419-936-2928
* Roosevelt Pool, 910 Dorr St., 419-936-2501
* Wilson Pool, 3253 Otto St., 419-936-3071
* Pickford Pool, 3000 Medford Dr., 419-936-2863
* Navarre Pool, 1001 White St., 419-936-3064
* Jamie Farr Pool, 2000 Summit St., 419-936-3072
* Savage Splash Pad, 645 Vance St., 419-936-2502