“You Really Matter”
This summer, 2022, once again The Padua Center will be offering a variety of summer camp experiences for youth, grades K-8th.
In addition to some of the usual opportunities that The Padua Center has offered in the past this year there will be an emphasis on financial literacy during the first week of camp.
The Camps are
• June 6 – Money Matters during which the campers will learn about money, investing, saving, and spending deals.
• June 13 – Culture Matters. Learning about Juneteenth will be an important part of camp.
• June 20 – Health Matters will explore the topics of gardening, healthy eating, and cooking
• June 27 – Country Matters will prepare the campers to celebrate the 4th of July.
• July 4-8 – No camp this week
• July 11 – Our Common Home Matters – Vacation Bible School will examine our Care of Earth.
• July 18 – Metroparks Matters. This is a week of exciting activities directed by Toledo Metro-parks
• July 25 – Teamwork Matters will round out the summer with a sports and teamwork week.
• August 1 – You Matter – Each individual matters In addition to the camps which run from 10:00-2:00, breakfast will be served at 8:30 and from 9:00-10:00 campers will be able to join the Padua Potters Garden Club, the Spanish Language Club, or TutorSmart. Trips to the zoo, Metroparks and other venues are also planned.
For more information or to register for these free camps, please call or email. The Padua Center, 1416 Nebraska Ave, Toledo Ohio 43607; 419-241-6465 or email email@example.com
Extras for the Summer Programs This summer a volunteer, Ann Peltier, will offer “Let’s have fun in Spanish” every Tuesday and Thursday before camp – starting at 9:00 am. Ann volunteered at The Padua Center last summer and wanted to come back this year and be more involved and share her Spanish skills.
In addition, on Wednesday from 9:00-10:00 students can join the Padua Potters
Garden Club. This special club will provide opportunities and outings for students to grow in their understanding of gardening