If you’re happy and you know it…tell us why! Kindergartners through high school seniors are encouraged to participate in the Toledo Lucas County Public Library’s annual writing contest. Share a story of what makes you happy. Recall a happy day or tell us how you make others happy. Did we mention there are prizes to be won? All submissions are due by Saturday, Nov. 21.
Three ways to submit an entry:
* Complete this online form (https://form.jotform.com/211933997506062)
* Pick up a contest from at any Library location, attach a written or typed story, return to any location
* Download and print contest form (https://toledolibrary.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/pdfs/WritingContest_entry-form.pdf) , attach a written or typed story, return to any location
Sponsored by the Ruth Blank Venner and Mary Jane Blank McCormick Memorial Project of the Friends of the Library through the Library Legacy Foundation.
To enter, story must:
* Be an original work, which comes solely from the student’s imagination
* Include three parts: a beginning, middle, and end
* Be 500 words maximum
* Be hand-written or typed (12+ point font) and stapled with entry form
* Winners must have parent/guardian permission to receive prizes
* All submissions due by (Sa) Nov. 20, 2021.
GRADE CATEGORIES/PRIZES LIST
Prizes awarded in each Grade Category: K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12
All winners will receive a T-shirt and Journal along with these prizes:
* 1st Place: Grades K-8–Nintendo Switch Lite, Grades 9-12 Pro Power Beats earphones
* 2nd and 3rd Place: Soundcore Life Q20 Headphones
* Honorable Mention (2 per category): T-shirt and Journal
Notification: Winners will be notified by telephone after Dec. 7.
Publishing: Winning entries will be published on the Library’s OverDrive website after Dec. 31 (with a guardian’s permission).
Reception: Special recognition honoring the winners will be held on (Sa) Dec. 11 at Main Library, 325 Michigan St. Call 419.259.5200 for more information.