The Toledo Area Regional Transit Authority (TARTA), which proposes to add Sunday and holiday service in the spring of 2022, will host both virtual and in-person public meetings to discuss the potential service changes.
The public can register its feedback on proposed service adjustments in the coming weeks, with meetings scheduled for:
- Monday, Dec. 20, virtual meeting, 6-7 p.m. Register here
- Tuesday, Dec. 28, virtual meeting, noon-1 p.m. Register here
- Monday, Jan. 3, open house at TARTA’s downtown Transit Hub, 612 N. Huron Street, Toledo, 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 5, in-person meeting at TARPS, 130 Knapp Street, Toledo, 5-6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 11, in-person meeting at TARPS, 130 Knapp Street, Toledo, 5-6 p.m.
TARTA’s proposed Sunday Starter Service would include all fixed-line routes, with buses running from 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. The same schedule would be maintained on holidays. In addition to adding Sunday and holiday service, TARTA plans to:
- Expand service on Saturday mornings
- Expand Saturday hours for routes 26 and 34
- Eliminate weekend service for Route 31C to University of Toledo Medical Center, and expand weekend service on routes 31G and 31H
Weekend and holiday hours for TARPS will be changed to match the schedule for TARTA fixed-route vehicles.
Those interested in submitting questions about service changes for the virtual meetings can do so by emailing email@example.com.